Book Cover

Yay! Finally...i've been wanting to make this for a long long long long time after i spotted someone selling it on etsy's. Been measuring my books and drawing it out on A4 papers. I'm lucky too as mairuru is kind enough to write out a tutorial :) Check out her site. I love the way she writes in her blog and the zakka stuff she has sewn..

Well, like i said, i've been wanting to make this for quite some time. I've even bought cutesy cotton fabrics online. Quite pricey and got some lousy service. I will never buy from her again. I will not mention names.. (so tempted to, but since i get everything i ordered, guess it's ok. prolly they hv a thing against sabahan.nvm..grr..) Anyway, my brain must be retarded that day. I pin the sketch on the fabric and i cut wrongly. Stewped me. Lucky can be saved ahahahah..

It's not the cutest thing, i've been sewing uphill and downhill. nvm...heheheh it's inside and u cant see after i turned the fabric nyehehehehe :D

And behold... the backside haha



Inside.



And the one with my book in it.



I cant believe i finish everything in 2 hours. I thought it will be like 1 day or 2. Poked my fingers few times. Breaking the neck and back at the same time. I didnt turn the corners properly, neither did i iron. I was afraid my ribbon will be burnt by the iron. I think my lining fabric was too flimsy. But overall, it still looks neat....from far. I'll make another one soon. KK is really sad. No nice fabric. Mostly flowery. Annoying. The pictures were...hmm..i've taken them with my scratched hp cam :p

Have a good day!

2 comments:

Mas Light said...

where did you get the fabric?

Rachael said...

hehe...later i pm u in msn.

Copyright © 2008 - Snip Snippity Snip - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template